Thursday 25 October 2012

Mothers Guilt


Main Entry:              Guilt
Part of Speech:         noun
Definition:                Blame; bad conscience over responsibility  




I'm suffering from the worst form of Mothers Guilt this week. Not the "oops I fed him too much biscuits and not enough fruit kind of guilt. The all consuming, I can't think or function guilt.
The guilt that crawls it's way from your head, down into your belly where its moves itself in circles until you feel like you cant breath, or eat or think about anything else.

What have I done? I hear you ask.....

I'm going back to work.
Something that would have been so simple before kids, has become such a process of planning, coordinating, stressing AND facing the realisation that i will miss him so much that my heart already aches.

I'm dreading the things he'll learn at Daycare, that I wish I could stay at home and teach him instead.
The crying when I drop him off and the crying when I pick him up.
The constant worrying that he wont eat or use the toilet when he is there.
                                   

                               

I could keep going and going.......But I wont, I'll get back to organising and just hope that everything will fall into place as it should. 

What Set's off your 'Mothers Guilt'? Do you have any advice on how I can overcome these feelings come 6am Monday morning? HELP!

Thank you for reading ~ Christina
*Please read below for details on how to win yourself a Zipper Brooch.










My lovely friend Erica of Recycled Fashion is having a giveaway! If you want to win this very cool Zipper Brooch, just read the details below :-)

                                                

Erica is giving away three brooches. To be in for a chance of winning one, all you need to
do, is click 'like' on this link > http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152101868840363&set=o.110318319016105&type=1&theater which is a vote against Erica's entry into the current Salvos contest. After you've done this, leave a comment on Recycled fashions Facebook page here to say you've liked, and she'll draw three winners next week!
GOOD LUCK


2 comments:

  1. Focus on the positive too!

    He will make friends, he will have fun, he will learn things that you may never dream up of doing, he will sing, he will dance, he will be read new books, try new food, he will have new experiences.

    He will still love you to bits xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may soon be in a similar situation - and trying to tell myself the following:
    - I am a better mother when I'm not with my children all the time. Less snappy and irritable, more up for playing games. Think quality, not quantity.
    - It's important that our children learn that earning a living is a fact of life for most people.
    - Learning to form attachments with other people is really important and will help them socially. If you're happy with the childcare you're using, you need to trust things will be ok.
    - You would still be feeling guilt about something even if you didn't return to work. Guilt seems to accompany motherhood whatever we do!
    - It will be really hard at first. Other people will also have their own take on it, backed by their own experiences. They are not living your life, so take the encouragement and useful tips, and shrug off the unhelpful stuff that will almost certainly come your way.

    Good luck on Monday!

    ReplyDelete