Tuesday 16 October 2012

Kids Birthday Parties...Stressful or Not?

Firstly Happy 4th Birthday to my beautiful little man

Kids Birthday Parties.....Stressful, Fun or a bit of both?

This weekend I threw a Birthday party for my son who turned 4, he was surrounded by 30 odd friends and family, some who traveled to Bayside Melbourne from Sunbury and Ballarat and spoiled him with gifts and fun. It was a great day....Lots of sunshine, cake, playing, spinning, climbing and sliding and of course Toy Truck races!
We had a fantastic day, My son & his friends were all smiles.

So How many people is too much?

Do you invite one side of the family & not the other, Only friends with Kids...or invite everyone close to you and your child? My son had his little friends, his cousins, Aunties & Uncles, both sets of Grandparents, family friends and even his Great Great Uncle & Aunty. I personally feel that he is very blessed and lucky to have all these amazing people in his life who came to share such a special day.

Only thing I forgot was to take photo's!!!!

My hints for a party hostess

  • Grab a plate of food & do the walk around. That way you get a chance to stop and chat to each person and the food gets eaten.
  • If someone offers help or offers to bring something on the day...Accept the help!
  • Do the baking the day before and leave fresh stuff like fruit & sandwiches for the morning of the party, but try to have all the things cut & ready to go.
  • Don't leave your baked items on the bench where your dog is sitting waiting for the moment you get distracted and walk away....Poor Zucchini slice
  • Take photo's (can't believe I forgot) or ask someone to take photo's for you.
  • I like parties to be held outdoors if possible and preferably somewhere other then my house :-)
  • Make simple things that can be made in bigger batches. I made scones (recipe here), Rice bubble slice (recipe here), jelly cups, fruit platter, club sandwiches, chips, dips, and don't forget fruit juice for the kids and soft drink for the adults.
  • You could always make it a BYO party...I did this for my Son's 1st party as at the time being deep in Depression there was no way I would have coped.

Lastly thank you to my friends and family for coming & making his party so awesome...you are all amazing! xox




What hints and tips do you have for making Kids parties fun and less stressful? Do you prefer Big or small parties?

Thank you for reading,
Christina






No comments:

Post a Comment