Sunday 4 September 2011

Happy Fathers Day from Mums Helping Mums PND Support Network

Happy Fathers Day to all those wonderful men out there!


Meet My Father
You can call him Mr. Hall or Keithy
I'm sure he would have picked a better picture of himself, but I love this one!

My Father is an amazing man. He has raised 5 children on his own, survived a divorce, the loss of his wife and watching all of his kids grow up.  Yes he had the help of my wonderful Grandparents and my awesome Big Sister Shazzy, but he worked hard and put food on the table and kept a roof over our heads. He loved us, and he never left us.
We lost our mother to Cancer when we were 13, 11 and 7. My Father cried for her, he grieved for her, but he was still aways there for us when we needed him to be.


My Mother
As a parent I know understand how hard it is to watch your kids cry or be sad. I cannot imagine what my Father went through watching all of us loose our Mother, yet still have to deal with his own pain on top of ours.
You Dad are an amazing, strong man. You raised us to be independent, stubborn, responsible adults and for the good part of our growing lives, you did that all on your own.
You taught us manners, you taught us to always be respectful of others, You taught us to work hard, and push on no matter what. You showed us love, you gave us strength and you never let us doubt ourselves. You believed in us, and pushed us to do our best.
You let us be whoever WE wanted to be, you let us make mistakes and you helped us learn from them.
You put us in the shower to clean the spew up with our clothes on! You let us dress our brother up like a girl! You let me us scare your girlfriends away! You let us have kittens even though you hate cats! You let us have boys over as long as they slept in the lounge room right outside your bedroom door.

Dad, I may not say it often but I love you. You are an amazing person, Father and Pa.
You worked hard all of your life and you now have an amazing partner in Lyn and can finally enjoy your life in the bush......but I think it's time you stop building sheds! You'll run out of land!

Here are some pictures to remind you what a great Father and Pa you are and how much we love and respect you xoxoxoxoxo








Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's out there. Remember that Parenting is hard, but it's the single most rewarding job in the world. Learn from my Father......Enjoy the moments, Love your children, support them, encourage them, teach them manners, show them strength, show them weakness, and most important just do that best job you know how to do...forget what the books say, or what other men in your life might have taught you, just be yourself and do the best job that you know how to do and they will grow up to love and respect you.

Christina xox




2 comments: